[Solved] couldn't open demos/TUTORIAL.dm_68

I usually don't play games. This festival season with long vacation we group of guys decided to play some FPS games. As me being the LAN party organizer I was busy checking few games. I checked Unreal Tournament*, Urban Terror, Assault Cube and America's Army.
Urban Terror is a free multiplayer first person shooter developed by FrozenSand, that (thanks to the ioquake3-code) does not require Quake III Arena anymore. It is available for Windows, Linux and Macintosh. The current version is 4.1.
Yes Urban Terror supports both 32 bit and 64 and Linux, Mac and Windows.

To check Urban Terror, first I had to add some bots. Adding bot isn't officially supported but is very easy.
  • Goto console by pressing ~ key 
  • /bot_enable 1 to enable bots 
  • /reload if you have already started the server 
  • /addbot chicken to add bot named chicken or /addbot puma to add puma, here is more bots. 
The bots were very difficult for me so I decided to check demo. I couldn't open the demo and got error " couldn't open demos/TUTORIAL.dm_68". I checked the path and file and both exists.

After googling the solution was to convert the demo filename from small caps to upper caps.
Thats it and the demo will run.

*I had to download Unreal Tournament from linux.softpedia.com because the archive I downloaded from unrealtournament2003.com was corrupted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perm Root HTC Desire Gingerbread 2.3.3

[Solved] invalid partition table on /dev/sda -- wrong signature 0.

Adobe Stand Alone Flash Player for Linux